By Noreen Farooqui
It’s been a sizzling hot summer and we’re all the more grateful for warmer temperatures after the winter we’ve had. Torontonians tend to soak up the sun as much as possible since summer is a comparatively short season for us. Aroma Wellness Clinic & Spa wants you to stay safe in the sun with some precautions.
Sun Safety Tips
- Avoid Tanning Beds. If you want a sun-kissed glow and you have limited time, try a spray tan. At Aroma Wellness Clinic & Spa, we can get you in and out the door with bronzed skin in minutes.
- Stay out of the sun between 10 am and 4 pm
- Duck for cover and stay in the shade: under trees, awnings and umbrellas.
- If the UV index is 3 or higher, it’s best to stay out of the sun
- Cover Up. Wear loose-fitting, tightly woven lightweight clothing that covers arms and legs
- Protect your head, face, neck and ears with a wide-brimmed hat
- Wear Sunglasses: with a UV protection of 400, 99% of UVA and UVB blocked, wrapped around your eyes
- When out in the sun, use sunscreen with a SPF of 30 or higher, appled generously at least 20 minutes before going out into the sun. Reapply every 2-3 hours, and after swimming or perspiring.
The sun’s rays bounce off the snow, sand, water and even concrete so it’s important to abide by these precautions all year.