After waxing, I get these annoying bumps on my treatment area. I thought I wouldn’t have to deal with this unsightly nuisance once I stopped shaving, but they’re back. Again.
Do you have any advice for dealing with these bumps?
Everyone’s skin reacts differently to hair removal. And, while you can expect a mild case of bumps after a wax, there are some pre- and post- treatment tips Aroma can give you to ensure that you’re doing all that you can to treat your skin.
Preparing For a Wax
1. Ensure hair is at least ¼ inch long
2. Exfoliating helps remove dirt and oil. When hair is removed from the body, your skin is in a vulnerable state. Getting rid of dirt and oil can help prevent irritation
3. Avoid waxing 1-2 days prior to getting your period and during menstruation
4. Take an aspirin about 30 minutes before your treatment to help with skin sensitivity
5. Avoid caffeine and alcohol
6. Do not moisturize with oils or lotions the day of your treatment
7. Don’t sunbathe for 24 hours before a wax
1. Do not sweat immediately after a wax treatment.
2. Wear comfortable underwear and loose clothing for a few hours post wax
3. Don’t sunbathe 24 hours after a wax
4. Do not swim in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours
5. Do not immerse yourself in hot water or go near heat sources
6. Hold off on moisturizer, gels, oils and other topical lotions
7. Avoid touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria-free