We Care About Our Bros…
The statistics on Mens’ Prostate Cancer and Mental Health
issues are staggering.
The statistics on Men’s Prostate Cancer and Mental Health issues are staggering.
Why is Men’s Health and Movember important?
- The average life expectancy for men is four years less than women (80 years, compared to 84 years)
- 1 in 5 Canadian experience mental health issues each year
- In Canada, more than 3 times as many men will die by suicide than women
- 2 in 5 Canadians will develop cancer in their lifetime
- In 2014, an estimated 23,600 Canadian men were diagnosed with prostate cancer, and 4,000 died from this disease
Awareness is Changing Attitudes and Saving Lives
- 99% of participants surveyed discussed their health issues with someone
- 75% became ore conscious of the health issues they face
- 62% went to see a medical professional to improve their health
- 50% encouraged someone to be more proactive and take action to improve their health
- 75% said they were more likely to tell someone to seek professional help, if they thought they needed it
Educate. Empower. Prevent.
Let’s help change the face of men’s health today. Encourage the men in your life to be more proactive about their mental and physical health so that we can prevent illness, detect early, or treat someone in need today. Together, we can save lives.